Saturday, December 17, 2011

Roll 10

*Deep Bow*Hajime*

This one is against big black again. We position and grip fight; I remain calm. I even throw an attack, or two (nothing major).

At some point, I end up on my back thanks to his perfect foot sweep. We scramble on the ground. He ends up in a North/South pin. It's a tight hold, and he's in control. I try to roll him, etc. I don't normally to a ton when in North/South: I defend and bide my time until there's an opening. The thing is, that's a pin that could in the match in Judo, and that's exactly what happened here.

Dudes who train to pin are wicked heavy on top--lesson learned.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe his North/South pin turned into an inverted, top-side triangle. Highlight reel move; too bad I was on the wrong side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment