Thursday, December 8, 2011

Roll 2

*Slap*Bump*

We fight for grips, but in a calm, cool kinda way.  My opponent's hands are everywhere, but not in a bad way.  In the hustle, I get scratched pretty good.  That, honestly, took me out of the roll for a moment.  My opponent tripods above me as I lay in turtle.  I even check to see if I'm bleeding from the scratch; I just knew I would be, but I wasn't.  Okay; cool, game on.

My opponent didn't have his knees on the ground, and I could not escape this hold.  I tried sitting out.  I reached for his leg; blah, blah, blah. Nothing was working.  He just had a really good position.  He wasn't threatening in any way.  He seemed content to hold his position.  I tried to escape, but I didn't want to make things worse.  I kinda felt like the pressure was on him to improve his position by taking my back, forcing me to my side, etc., etc.  My opponent definitely didn't feel the same way, and 5 minutes later, we were done. 

At the beginning, I thought I would stay in turtle for a while.  About mid-way through the roll, however, I wanted out but couldn't escape.  My opponent did nothing besides hold me down.  That might have been his game plan.  Oh well.  They can't all be great.

Looking back on it, I should have sat to some kind of guard against Chase's dad.  I had the space to do so; it just didn't enter my mind. That's why I want to keep track of these rolls.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment